Tuesday, June 14, 2016

STEAK & CHEESE

@STEAK &CHEESE@

I went pretty simple and classic with my Steak & Cheese footlong: just steak, provolone cheese, red onions, and green bell peppers toasted on Jalapeno Cheese bread. Jalapeno Cheese bread is not on the national Subway menu so your local Subway may or may not serve it.    

Subway steak, like all their meats, is pre-cooked and resembles a chopped moist beef jerky in appearance. Their are two scoops of steak per Steak & Cheese. I believe you get four scoops (i.e double meat) with the Big Philly Cheesesteak. Tastewise, while it's not juicy, it's well-seasoned and tender enough to not be chewy.



The provolone is quite mild and while nicely melted, I found myself wishing for more cheese as I ate the sandwich. The veggies were plentiful and I was pleased to get a good taste of bell pepper and onion. 





380 calories 1588 kJ
Nutrients %DV 1
Total Fat 10g 15%
Sat. Fat 4.5g 23%
Trans Fat 0g  
Cholesterol 50mg 17%
Sodium 1030mg 43%
Total Carbs. 48g 16%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
Sugars 8g  
Protein 26g  
Calcium 400mg

No comments:

Post a Comment